No one can deny that coconut oil is one of the best Superfoods on the planet. Just what makes this hot product this awesome? The answer lies in the coconut fruit itself. Its meat contains tons of medium chain fatty acids, vitamin E, and proteins. Many celebrities, including the Kardashians, use it a lot like a beauty enhancer. The following are some top health and beauty benefits that coconut oil brings to the table. I’ll also list here its uses and how can you apply coconut oil in the field of beauty.
Coconut oil for your Hair
Feeding your hair with coconut oil is beneficial in the following ways:
- It makes it shine and glow.
- Makes it grow faster and stronger.
- It ensures regrowth of damaged hair.
- Actively removes dandruff.
Its utility explains why coconut oil is a significant ingredient in the production of many hair products such as shampoos, conditioners, and dandruff creams.
Preparation and application
- Pour some hot water into a bowl or a flexible container of your choice.
- Use a clean spoon to put two teaspoons of organic coconut oil in a glass.
- Place the glass in the bowl of hot water and let it rest until it melts. Organic virgin coconut oil is a solid at room temperature. The idea is to soften it while making sure it does not get exposed to extreme or direct heat. Such heat could destroy some of its vital nutrients.
- Make your hair a little damp before you massage the oil on the scalp and all over your hair. Use a comb to spread it evenly.
- Put on a shower cap and ensure that every inch of every strand of hair is inside. The longer you leave it like that, the better the results will be.
- When satisfied, wash it off thoroughly with warm water and shampoo.
To experience the optimal magic of coconut oil on your hair, apply in the evening and let it rest overnight. If you do this on a daily basis, you shall see a change in no time.
Coconut oil for your skin
Below are the reasons why you should really contemplate ditching other skin products and embrace coconut oil instead.
- It moisturizes dry skin.
- It protects the skin from flaking.
- It kills bacteria and fungi, thereby protecting against various skin infections.
- It reduces facial wrinkles.
- Makes the skin glow.
- Smoothens and gets rid of rashes.
It is important to note that different types of skin react differently to coconut oil. Therefore, you should test and see if it works for you before you make a full commitment.
For optimal results, the best way to apply it is after you take a shower. All you need to do is take a pinch of coconut oil, rub it and use on your skin. You can also rub it together with essential oils such as lavender to make it even more beneficial.
For your face, a thin layer is all you need. Take a pinch and rub it between your hands before you even apply to your face. After application, allow it to rest for 10 minutes before wiping the excess oil using a fine cloth or cotton.
Related: Body Brushing Benefits
Coconut oil as a teeth whitener
Nothing is more satisfying as a white and a warm smile. Everyone needs to have white and healthy teeth. Luckily, nature gave us coconut oil for free.
How to prepare and use
- Put a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil in your mouth and let it liquefy.
- Play with it in your mouth for 20 minutes to make sure that it covers all the teeth and gum.
- Spit it and rinse with warm water before doing your regular brushing.
Do this daily or a few times a week depending on how brown your teeth are.
How to make toothpaste using coconut oil
- Melt 1/2 a cup of virgin coconut oil.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda.
- Add a tablespoon of Xylitol powder
- You may add a tablespoon of any other essential oil that you like and let them solidify as you stir.
Use the new paste to brush your teeth twice a day, and you will start to see a change. Brushing with coconut oil not only whitens your teeth but also makes them stronger. It protects against gum diseases as well.
Coconut oil strengthens the immune system.
Invasive pathogens such as bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses cause diseases. Coconut oil has Lauric acid that gives these pathogens an uncomfortable environment. By so doing, it inhibits their multiplication, which means that when you fall sick, you can reduce the severity of your disease. All you need to do is take a tablespoon of coconut oil three times a day. If you get even worse, be sure to see your doctor for professional treatment.
It gives you energy and endurance, hence a good aid for weight loss.
The essential oils found in coconut oil are sent directly to the liver and turn themselves into energy that is useful to your body. This
oil also increases the rate of metabolism. As a result, stored fat is burnt much faster.
How to prepare coconut oil to facilitate weight loss
All you need is your coconut oil, raw honey and Chia seeds. Mix a tablespoon of each in a glass and drink the mixture roughly 40 minutes before you start your workout.
In line with this benefit, coconut oil also works against excessive appetite. All these can make you lose unwanted pounds faster.
It promotes the health of the heart and other vital organs.
Some cardiovascular diseases are brought about by the accumulation of bad cholesterol (LDL). Coconut oil only contains essential fats. It also helps to reduce LDL by promoting metabolism.
Since the oil made from coconuts is a natural antibiotic, it maintains your kidneys’ health by killing bacteria around them.
It also keeps the pancreas in check because it is easy to digest, meaning that it is broken down without the need for pancreatic juice.
You can use it to prepare shaving cream
Shaving cream made of coconut oil is just as good as industrial creams, if not better.
How to prepare
What you need
- Shea butter shavings.
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- ¼ cup of witch hazel.
- Aloe Vera extract.
- Boil them together until they melt.
- Add a ¼ cup of Aloe Vera extract and any other essential oils to make it smell good.
Your cream is ready for use.
Some other health benefits associated with the use of coconut oil include:
- It reduces the risk of seizures.
- It heals inflammation and arthritis.
- Can prevent and inhibit various types of cancer.
- It helps to repair chapped and dry lips.
Additional beauty benefits include:
- It removes stretch marks.
- You can use it to clear away stubborn makeup such as mascara.
- If you warm it and add a few essential oils and flavors, you can use it as a massage oil.
Above are the main benefits that you get to enjoy when you use coconut oil. When buying coconut oil, always make sure that you acquire it in its virgin and unrefined state. Chemically processed oil has low quality and lacks some vital nutrients. Also, make sure that you prepare it well before use to get the most out of it. If you do it correctly, soon you will join the team that describes coconut oil as nature’s best gift to humankind.
Are you already using coconut oil? What benefits have you obtained? Please leave a comment below; you can help other readers by sharing your experience. Do not worry about the sharing your data; we won’t disclose them.
YouTube Video: 10 Ways To Use Coconut Oil