Some of my readers have written in the comments of some of my posts that they often feel stressed and do not know how to manage it to their best.
It seems that almost no one knows how to get free from stress. One of my readers even claimed that there are people who have a hard time in the morning to get out of bed in a good mood or with the right energy. These cases are comprehensible because most of us find themselves sometimes in conditions similar to depression.
I want you to know that depression is one of the consequences of stress. For this reason, I want to reveal you ten simple tricks that will help you get rid of weight and to manage your emotions to the best.
What is Stress?
First things first, I think it is appropriate to clarify what exactly is stress. Almost everyone talks about it, but just a few of us know how to deal with it because the most of us don’t know what precisely is its true meaning, its origins and the consequences it entails.
Well, stress can be considered an intrusion into our daily peaceful life. We humans, like animals, are creatures of habit. Anything that can bring a little imbalance in our life creates stress. We are generally stressed when we do not feel as safe, or better when we feel in danger because of a new situation that we have not yet learned how to handle.
It is true that we have the spirit of adaptation, but the initial impact of any new experience makes us uncomfortable.
Stress is a condition that has developed over the past 30 years due to the society in which we live. Today we live in a society that makes our lifestyle chaotic. There is greater competition among people, a tendency towards perfection that harms the individual, envy, and hunger for possessing the best material goods.
We impose to our children to be the first in school, the first in sport, and sometimes we force them to do activities for which they do not have the slightest interest.
That’s why today most people suffer from:
- anxiety disorders
- anxiety in socializing with others
- compulsive obsessive disease
- panic attacks
Stress can involve far more severe consequences than it seems to do.
Some people do not solve their stress, they are unaware of it, but there are cases in which people at the age of 40 suffer a stroke.
Unfortunately, I met more than one similar case. And in these cases, if there is no first aid from a doctor, you can even risk death; this is why we must not underestimate stress.
Tips To Break Free Of Stress
There are several ways you can relieve stress. In the next lines I suggest you 10 of them:
- Do breathing exercises. Do inhale from the nose making the belly swell as a balloon fills with air. Be careful not to breathe with your chest. To be surer you are doing well, lie down in a horizontal position, relax and see your natural breath. You will notice that when you do it unconsciously, you practically breathe with the diaphragm. So, inhale from the nose, hold the air for 3 seconds and then very slowly exhale with your mouth; when you exhale your belly will completely deflate like a balloon. Hold your breath again for 3 seconds and breathe in again. Repeat the exercise for 10/15 times.
- Laugh. Add to your days the habit of watching every evening a comic movie or a funny entertainment program that you enjoy and makes you feel good. The moment you laugh is the moment when you completely let go and release all the tension you feel.
- Get a dog. In the beginning, a dog can be stressful, but it’s a habitual creature and will get you used to specific rhythms. Not only, but a dog also makes you feel special, as they have the unique ability to accept you for who you are and always to be faithful to you. A dog makes you feel useful and appreciated and also makes you feel loved. Despite being an animal, manages to create a bond so strong with you that you will hardly want to substitute him. Moreover, a dog never makes you feel alone, and it is difficult to even fall into depression while receiving all these attentions. Last but not least, you will have to bring your dog every day to take walks, and walking helps relieve stress.
- Find a hobby. Generally, a hobby is something we like to do and that gives us satisfaction. When we devote ourselves to an activity that passionate us, we have more chances to focus on it, and concentration is in itself a form of meditation that frees our mind from negative thoughts and emotions. By dedicating ourselves to a hobby with a certain consistency, it can even help us eliminate stress.
- Read a book before falling asleep. Sleeping well is essential to face the days with the right energy. Those who have insomnia are more susceptible to stress. That’s why you have to fight it by finding a way to relax before falling asleep. If you go to bed carrying all the thoughts and emotions that have accumulated during the day, you have many chances to make dreams that will disturb your sleep. And if you do not sleep well, you will struggle to get up in the right way in the morning and to want to start the day in the best way.
- Join a gym. You have more chances to do physical training if you pay to do it. Doing training will help you get rid of stress. Attending a gym will help you meet new people, and you know that having a socially active life makes us feel good.
- Join a group that shares your same thoughts and interests. Being in the midst of other people who share our point of view gives us a sense of belonging and this makes us stronger. Knowing that we are not alone and that we can talk with people who understand us dramatically helps our self-esteem. Moreover, being able to share our emotions with others help us get rid of the stress.
- Do Volunteer. Seeing someone who is worse off than us makes us appreciate our lives more because we realize that we are lucky for what we have. Being able to help someone in need gratifies us because the real happiness is sometimes not in being able to receive, but instead of being able to give. By focusing on improving someone else, will distract you from your problems and you will surely feel less stressed. Assisting others in solving their problems, it does not involve us to the point of creating us further stress.
- Do half an hour of fast walking or 20 minutes of run. Doing aerobics will help you release tensions, and you will feel refreshed. It is also recommended doing aerobics in the morning not only because it helps to burn fat, but also because it loads you with energy for the rest of the day.
- Cry. Crying is like laughing, it allows you to release tension. We all need to shout from time to time. And you have to do it. Otherwise, you risk blocking the muscles of your body with your tension. Cry and trust that you will feel better afterward. Some people don’t even manage to cry because of the excessive pressure, and then find themselves with a stomach ache and various pains. I know something about it too. In these cases, you have to make an effort, relax and let yourself go in a cry.
Here we are with the ten ways to relieve stress. One last essential thing, not to be underestimated, is that before trying to eliminate stress you have to identify the causes that trigger it. Only by identifying stress factors can we get rid of it and improve.
We can not control everything. There are things we can fix, and there are other things we have to live with and can’t control. So we have to find the courage to face what we can change for feeling better and accept what we can’t change.
Allowing is a big step because if you accept a situation, it is challenging creating further discomfort.
I hope you’ve found this post was helpful.
If you have other questions, do not hesitate to write them below in the comments and I’ll be more than happy to help you out.
I would be happy to know which of the 10 points listed above you’ve found more suitable for you and if you have other suggestions to add.
Space below is for you to express your thoughts.
If you liked the article, I would be grateful if you share it with your friends.